ABOUT THE BOOK
CA Final Direct Tax Laws & International Taxation (Set of 2 Volumes) For Nov 21 By Ravi Chhawchharia
Direct Tax Laws & International Taxation provides practical application of Direct Tax Laws & International Tax in a holistic approach while testing the analytical skills of the reader. The crux of this book is to strike a perfect balance between ‘detailed studies’ and ‘summarised approach’. This book covers the entire new syllabus as prescribed by ICAI, and it is written with an explanatory & analytical approach.
This book will be helpful for the students of CA-Final, CS-Professional, CMA-Final, M.Com/MBA/LL.B./LL.M. & other professional exams.
The Present Publication authored by CA Ravi Chhawchharia, is the 2nd Edition for New Syllabus (Updated till 31-04-2021), with the following noteworthy features :
1 [Detailed Index], which is given at the beginning of the book, helps the students to navigate through the arrangement of sections and other details.
2 [Provisions] have been elucidated in a thorough yet brief manner throughout the book, keeping intact the technical language.
3 [Judicial Decisions] are covered for the following:
1 . Landmark/Prescribed by ICAI – have been highlighted in Bold + Underlined along-with name of such case laws are mentioned before the facts and decisions of the case
2 . Other Judicial Decisions – where only point decided (i.e. ratio of the case) is relevant & students are not expected to remember the names of such cases, are also covered in this b
4 [Practical Questions along with Updated Solutions] are covered throughout the book, in two formats:
- 1 . [Questions based on a Particular Section] are given below the provisions
- 2 . [Questions based on more than one Section] are given at the end of the chapter under the ‘Practical Questions’ segment
- 3 . [Amended] Law stated in this book is as amended up to 30th April 2021 & Covers the latest applicable provisions and amendments applicable for November 2021 Exams
- 4 . [Judicial Decisions, Circular & Notifications] are covered
- 5 . [Past Exam Questions & Answers] including November 2020 Exam for New/Old Syllabus
Contents of this book are as follows:
- Part I – Direct Tax Laws
- 1 Basic Concepts of Income Tax Laws and Tax Rates
- 2 Residential Status [Section 6]
- 3 Incomes which do not form Part of Total Income [Section 10(1) to Section 10(50)]
- 4 Income from Salaries [Section 15 to 17, Section 10(1) to 10(14), Rule 3]
- 5 Income from House Property [Section 22 to Section 27]
- 6 Profits and Gains of Business or Profession [Section 28 to Section 44DB]
- 7 Capital Gains [Section 45 to Section 55A]
- 8 Income from Other Sources [Section 56 to Section 59]
- 9 Tax on Conversion of Unaccounted Money [Section 56(2)(x), (viib); Section 94; Section 68 to 69D & Section 115BBE]
- 10 Income Computation and Disclosure Standards
- 11 Income of other Persons, included in Assessee’s Total Income (Clubbing of Income) [Section 60 to Section 65]
- 12 Set-off of Losses or Carry Forward and Set-off of Losses [Section 70 to Section 80]
- 13 Deduction from Gross Total Income [Chapter VI-A – Section 80C to Section 80U]
- 14 Taxation of Co-operative Societies
- 15 Deduction for Special Economic Zones [Section 10AA]
- 16 Taxation of Film Producers/distributors
- 17 Taxation of Bonds [Circular No. 2/2002, Dated 15.02.2002]
- 18 Expenditure on Exempt Income [Section 14A and Rule 8D]
- 19 Agriculture Income & its Tax Treatment [Section 2(1A) and Section 10(1)]
- 20 Taxation of Political parties & Electoral Trust Taxation of Political Parties
- 21 Taxation of Charitable/Religious Trusts [Section 11 to Section 13, Section 115BBC, Section 164, 164A, Section 10(23C)]
- 22 Taxation of Mutual Concerns
- 23 Minimum Alternate Tax (MAT) [Chapter XII-B]
- 24 Taxation of Firms, LLPs, and AOP/BOI [Section 40(b), Section 167B, Section 86]
- 25 Alternate Minimum Tax (AMT) [Chapter XII-BA (Section 115JC – Section 115JEE]
- 26 Taxation of Buy-Back [Chapter XII-DA (Section 115QA to Section 115QC)]
- 27 Tax on Income of Securitisation Trust [Chapter XII-EA – Section 115TCA]
- 28 Taxation of Business Trusts (REITs, InvITs) and Investment Funds (AIF) [Chapter XII-FA – Section 115UA and Chapter XII-FB – Section 115UB]
- 29 Tonnage Taxation Scheme [Chapter XII-G – Section 115VA to Section 115VZC]
- 30 Application vs. Diversion of Income [Chapter XII-G – Section 115VA to Section 115VZC]
- 31 Assessment Procedures
- 32 Appeals and Revisions
- 33 Survey, Search and Seizure [Section 119A, Sections 131 to 132B, Sections 133 to 135A, Sections 153A to 153D]
- 34 Penalties and Prosecution [Chapter XXI – Sections 270A to 275, Chapter XXII – Sections 275A to 280D]
- 35 Settlement Commission [Chapter XIX-A – Sections 245A to 245L, Sections 273AA, 278AB]
- 36 Liability in Special Cases [Chapter XV – Section 159 to Section 179]
- 37 Assessment of HUF [Section 171]
- 38 Assessment of Firms and LLPs [Chapter XVI – Section 184 to Section 189]
- 39 Tax Deduction and Collection at Source [Chapters XVII-B and XVII-BB – sections 192 to 206CB]
- 40 Advance Tax [Chapter XVII-C – Section 207 to Section 211, Sections 218-219]
- 41 Collection and Recovery of Tax [Section 156 and Chapter XVII-D – Section 220 to Section 231]
- 42 Interest [Sections 201(A), 206C(7), Chapter XVII-F – Sections 234A to 234D, Section 244A]
- 43 Miscellaneous TOPICS, STT/CTT and IFSC [Sections 269SS, 269ST, 269SU, 269T, Section 139A, Section 139AA, Sections 281, 281B, 282, 282A, 285BA, 285BB, 288, 293C, 293D, 115BBF, 115BBG]
- 44 Tax Planning, Tax Avoidance and Tax Evasion (Including GAAR)
- Part II – International Taxation
- 1 . Tax Incidence in India [Section 6(3), Sections 7 to 9A, Section 115JH, Section 285 and Section 285A]
- 2 . Taxation of Non-Residents [Section 115A to Section 115AD, Section 115BBA and Chapter XIIA – Sections 115C to 115-I]
- 3 . Double Taxation Relief (DTAA) [Chapter IX – Sections 90, 90A and 91]
- 4 . Transfer Pricing [Chapter X – Section 92, Section 92F, Sections 93, 94A, 94B, 114C and Section 286]
- 5 . Advance Rulings [Chapter XIX-B – Section 245N to Section 245U]
- 6 . Equalisation Levy [Chapter VIII of Finance Act, 2016 Sections 10(5) and 40(A)(ib)
- 7 . Overview of Model Tax Conventions
- 8 . Application and Interpretation of Tax Treaties
- 9 . Fundamentals of Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS)
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
CA Ravi Chhawchharia (CA, CS, CMA, B.com MBA(Fin.), CPISM, PGDFM)
• An All India Rankholder in Chartered Accountancy (ICAI), Company Secretaries (ICSI) and Cost and Management Accountancy (ICMAI) Exams.
• Stood 1st in Western India and 3rd at All India level in Cost Accountancy (ICAI) Final Exams and 4th at All India level in Company Secretaries (ICSI) Exams.
• He has been a consistent topper in his academic and professional examination.
• He is actively engaged in imparting education to CA aspirants. He has trained the highest numbers of CAs in Surat; along with the highest numbers of All India Ranks Holders (more than 195) in CA exams from Surat with • All India First Rank (2 times), All India Second Rank (4 times).
• In CA Final May, 2018 his students achieved AIR-3, AIR-5, and AIR-6, which is a record in any CA exam from a single institution.
• He possesses rich experience of more than 13 years in the area of Direct Tax, Costing, and Finance.
• Delivered lectures at various forums of ICAI, ICSI and universities.
• Awarded with ‘Dr. Sarvapalli RadhaKrishnan Education Excellency Award, 2018’ by ‘Do Before Die’ foundation.
• ‘India Education Award, 2017’ conferred him with India’s Best CA Mentor (West).
• Also, awarded as the ‘Best Speaker’ at ICAI, Mumbai and represented Surat at a National Level.